Thank you for interest in providing labor on a Habitat project. We welcome volunteers of every skill level and what you don't know, we'll teach you. Currently, we work each Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Construction work is on-going all year long but all working days are weather permitting.
We abides by federal and state child labor laws, including restricting youth under 16 years old from an active construction work site, and youth under 18 years old from operating power tools and engaging in hazardous construction.
Weather and Construction Delays Habitat will not be able guarantee work on a scheduled day. It is important to stay in touch with the Habitat office the week of your scheduled project and have a means of letting your group know if work has been cancelled or moved to the warehouse. Volunteers should check the homepage or call the Habitat office at 402-477-9184 the evening before.
- The day will start at the jobsite with volunteer check-in. Please arrive a few minutes early.
- After you get signed-in, you will receive a hard hat, necessary tools, and assigned tasks. A site supervisor will be there to help you with the process.
- Street parking at the jobsite is within a residential area, therefore carpooling is highly recommended.
- Please bring your own drinking water/sports drink.
- Be prepared to be exposed to cold and/or heat. Dress appropriately.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty or damaged.
- Wear closed toe shoes or boots with thick soles. NO SANDALS! Sneakers are okay.
- There is a restroom facility on site.
- The workday is scheduled approximately 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. depending on work amount of work.