2022 Home Ownership Applications are no longer being accepted. The window for 2023 will open in August 2023.
Our mission is to build homes, communities and hope. We help individuals and families achieve strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter. If you have the need, the ability to pay, and the willingness to partner, you may qualify for a Habitat home.
- Living in overcrowded housing
- Living in unsafe conditions
- Living with defective physical conditions
- Paying more than 30% gross income on rent
- Living in transitional, subsidized or public housing
- Must be first-time homebuyers
ABILITY TO PAY
- Applicants must be permanent legal residents of the United States
- Must live in Lancaster or Seward counties
- 2-year steady income
- Assistance from other sources considered: Social Security, child support
- Ability to afford additional costs associated with homeownership: property taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance
- A record of good credit, free of liens and judgements and history of making timely payments
- Bankruptcy must be fully discharged by the court for a minimum of 3 years to be considered
WILLINGNESS TO PARTNER
- Complete sweat equity hours
- Attend Homebuyer Education Classes
- Keeping scheduled meetings
- Attending Habitat events when invited
- Agree to sharing your story through photos, text and video
Important Dates for 2022
- August 15 - September 2: Application packets can be picked up at the Habitat office, 4615 Orchard Street in Lincoln, NE or downloaded here. (Link will be live on August 15)
- September 2: All applications are to be returned to the Habitat office along with the $20 application fee by 4:00 p.m.
- September 5-October 5: Application review will take place. If your application is not moving forward for selection, you will be notified by letter.
- October 10-14: Home visits will be scheduled. Selection Committee will make their recommendations and send to the board.
- November 7: Board will review and make their selections. those invited to participate in our Homebuyer program will receive a call; all others will be notified by mail.
2022 Income Guidelines
Habitat Lincoln is an Equal Housing Lender organization. Loan decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or familial status.