Thank you for your interest in partnering with Habitat. 2020 applications are canceled due to COVID-19. Please see the homeownership page for additional information and resources.
2019 Income Guidelines
Habitat applicants must fall within the above income guidelines and:
- MUST be a permanent resident of the United States and must be a resident of Lancaster County for at least 1 year
- Must be employed or have another steady source of income.
- Have good credit over the past 24 months
- Be a first time homeowner (If you already own a home or can apply for a mortgage loan from a lender you are NOT eligible.)
- Currently live in substandard housing:
- Unsafe and Defective physical conditions
- Temporary housing
- Cost Burdened (50% greater than income)
As a Habitat homeowner you agree to:
- Complete 300-400 sweat equity hours before moving into your home
- Willing to participate in a highly publicized program
- Assume responsibility for a 30-year or longer mortgage and must be able to continue to live and work in the U.S.
- Make timely payments
- Able to afford additional costs associated with owning a home which include property taxes, insurance, repairs and regular upkeep
- Be a good neighbor by maintaining your home inside and outside, this includes: maintaining your yard, and scooping snow off the sidewalks.
- Be a positive representative for Habitat for Humanity
- Inform Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln of any changes to phone numbers or email addresses
- Stay Connected- Continue to stay involved with Habitat.
Habitat Lincoln is an Equal Housing Lender organization. Loan decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or familial status.